Re: PostgreSQL 9.1 product code - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 9.1 product code
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/08/2012 08:17 AM, Haiming Zhang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am Haiming, a software engineer.
>
> One of our product is depending on PostgreSQL. We know the product code
> for 8.2 and 8.3 is {B823632F-3B72-4514-8861-B961CE263224}.  Anyone who
> knows the product code for postresql 9.1 could you please provide it and
> how can we find the product code for the future version?

Would I be correct in guessing that you were using PgInstaller (the
MSI-based installer) for 8.2 and 8.3?

If so, the EnterpriseDB installer is a completely different system.
You'll need to find the appropriate registry entries it creates. I don't
work with the EDB installer and can't really help with that. the
installer documentation is here:

   http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community/pginst-guide

though it's more of a tutorial/howto than reference documentation.

--
Craig Ringer