Re: proposal: variadic argument support for least, greatest function - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chapman Flack
Subject Re: proposal: variadic argument support for least, greatest function
Date
Re: proposal: variadic argument support for least, greatest function
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/6/19 10:12 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Having reviewed the thread, I'm with Andres and Tom. Maybe though we
> should have a note somewhere to the effect that you can't use VARIADIC
> with these.

Perhaps such a note belongs hoisted into the functions-conditional
section of the manual, making a general observation that these things
are conditional *expressions* that may resemble functions, but in
particular, COALESCE, GREATEST, and LEAST cannot be called with
keyword VARIADIC and an array argument, as they could if they were
ordinary functions.

Regards,
-Chap