Re: Async replication: how to get an alert on failure - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karl Denninger
Subject Re: Async replication: how to get an alert on failure
Date
Re: Async replication: how to get an alert on failure  (pavan95 <pavan.postgresdba@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 8/1/2012 5:29 PM, Edson Richter wrote:
I have few PostgreSQL servers established with replication.
Now, is there any way to receive an e-mail in case of error during synchronization?
I mean, is there an script I can run (maybe every 5 minutes) that will check if replication is stolen, and send an e-mail in case of failure?

Thanks,
--

I wrote a small program that goes to each of the servers in the replication group and checks its status on the log, computes the difference, and if off by more than "X" bytes prints a notification.

If this is run from the cron it will remain silent unless the offset is breached at which point it will emit an email to the submitting owner of the job.

--
-- Karl Denninger
The Market Ticker ®