Re: Async replication: how to get an alert on failure - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Toby Corkindale
Subject Re: Async replication: how to get an alert on failure
Date
List pgsql-general
On 02/08/12 10:04, Edson Richter wrote:
> I have few PostgreSQL servers established with replication.
> Now, is there any way to receive an e-mail in case of error during
> synchronization?
> I mean, is there an script (cron?) I can run (maybe every 5 minutes)
> that will check if replication is stolen, and send an e-mail in case of
> failure?

I created a little Perl script that just connects to the master and
queries the pg_stat_replication statistics.

It notes if (a) the client has disconnected entirely, or (b) if the
client's replay position has still not reached the position that the
master was in last time we checked. (So if you run the check every five
minutes, you'll get a warning if the client is more than five minutes
lagged behind the master)