Re: Threads With Libpq Issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Threads With Libpq Issue
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/01/2012 05:19 PM, dinesh kumar wrote:
Respected All,

This is my first post in PG-Generals. If it is not the place for these kind of queries, then please guide me where i need to post.

I have a quick question regarding "pthread" with PostgreSQL 9.0 Libpq. I'm facing a problem with "Pthread" and libpq. Please find the below program behavoiur.
You can't share a connection between threads unless it's protected by a lock that prevents more than one thread from using it at once.

Use multiple connections, each isolated to a single thread. See:

  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/libpq-threading.html

--
Craig Ringer