Re: View definition and schema search path bug or expected behaviour? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: View definition and schema search path bug or expected behaviour?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 07/25/2012 08:19 PM, Chris Bartlett wrote:

> Ah! The bob schema has no access privileges set. I had used pgAdmin3 -
> the schema definition pgAdmin3 reports is:
> CREATE SCHEMA bob   AUTHORIZATION bob;
> (i.e., no grants)
>
> So:
> GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA bob TO bob;
> DROP VIEW bob.people;
> CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW bob.people_view AS SELECT people.name FROM people;
>
> SELECT * FROM bob.people_view
> -> returns records from bob.people as expected
>
> I had created the bob schema using pgAdmin3 (connected as bob), but when
> the schema owner is set to bob, there is no option in pgAdmin's New
> Schema... setup to grant privileges on the schema to bob. I guess I
> assumed that if bob owned the schema he would have all privileges on
> that schema.
>
> Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

There are a lot of dials to play with when creating objects and granting
privileges. For my own sanity I make it a rule to confirm the privileges
on an object when it is created or altered. Helps the blood pressure:)

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com