Re: Bug in Migration Wizard 2.4.12 with 1-1 relationships - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Bug in Migration Wizard 2.4.12 with 1-1 relationships
Date
List pgadmin-support
It's rumoured that Rohan Carly once said:
> I am trying to use the the Migration Wizard (version 2.4.12) to export
> a simple Access database to Pgsql. I notice that the migration wizard
> fails, if I have defined 1-1 relationships inside MS Access.

Hi,

Please try the latest snapshot from the binaries folders at
http://cvs.pgadmin.org/. Instructions are in the readme - you will need to
upgrade all files, not just the migration wizard.
PostgreSQL (and most DBMS') do not refer to foreign keys as relationship
types quite as Access does, so there is no real concept of a 1:1 key as
such. To enforce that, you will need to manually add a unique index on the
fkey column.
Please let me know if you have any trouble.

Regards, Dave.