Re: multivariate statistics (v25) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tels
Subject Re: multivariate statistics (v25)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Moin,

On Wed, April 5, 2017 2:52 pm, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 5 April 2017 at 10:47, David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> I have some other comments.
>
> Me too.
>

> CREATE STATISTICS should take ShareUpdateExclusiveLock like ANALYZE.
>
> This change is in line with other changes in this and earlier
> releases. Comments and docs included.
>
> Patch ready to be applied directly barring objections.

I know I'm a bit late, but isn't the syntax backwards?

"CREATE STATISTICS s1 WITH (dependencies) ON (col_a, col_b) FROM table;"

These do it the other way round:

CREATE INDEX idx ON table (col_a);

AND:
  CREATE TABLE t (    id INT  REFERENCES table_2 (col_b);  );

Won't this be confusing and make things hard to remember?

Sorry for not asking earlier, I somehow missed this.

Regard,

Tels