Re: RFE: Use JOIN instead of WHERE in Graphical Query Builder - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Daniel Serodio (lists)
Subject Re: RFE: Use JOIN instead of WHERE in Graphical Query Builder
Date
List pgadmin-support
Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote: <blockquote cite="mid:CAARFvTVj8tmZn+SiYCqYodEwey1wpfKfY0RvEHsU1PfgPeCupA@mail.gmail.com"
type="cite"><prewrap="">Hi!

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Daniel Serodio (lists)
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:daniel.lists@mandic.com.br"><daniel.lists@mandic.com.br></a>
wrote:
clauses for joins. It would be nice if it generated JOIN clauses instead.
Is there any kind of difference between WHERE or JOINs in PostgreSQL?
Aren't they all a cartesian product internally?
Becauseof this, I find it a lot easier to </span>understand a complex query when the joins are in a JOIN clause.<br
/><br/> In more practical terms, it's easier to change "a JOIN b ON a.pk = b.fk" to "a LEFT JOIN b ON a.pk = b.fk"
(justhave to type the LEFT keyword, regardless of which tables/columns are used) then change "WHERE a.pk = b.fk" to
"WHEREa.pk = b.fk OR b.fk IS NULL" (have to add "<span>OR b.fk IS NULL", which changes according to which