Re: Question on Opteron performance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lincoln Yeoh
Subject Re: Question on Opteron performance
Date
List pgsql-general
With mem per CPU, Opterons scale very well in most cases (as long as you
have many processes). The lower memory latency helps too.

Is it likely for you to be network bandwidth limited - e.g. maxing out your
NICs or NIC I/O capacity? I doubt it, but if you are actually getting close
then things get a bit harder...

BTW in most Opteron configs, a lot of the major I/O goes through via one CPU.

Check this out:
http://www.aceshardware.com/read.jsp?id=60000277

The benchmarks could be interesting too.