Re: Maximum number of connections - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lincoln Yeoh
Subject Re: Maximum number of connections
Date
List pgsql-general
At 04:03 PM 4/24/2003 +0200, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
>Never mind, I found the answer. The only thing that puzzles me. The
>documentation says the default is 32, but at the time I received the error
>messages there were only about 10-12 clients connected. Is it possible
>that the default isn't 32?

Possible. But unlikely.

More likely that something else is hogging the connections. Or the 10-12
clients are making more than one connection each.

Do a ps or something to get a list of processes.

>I have set the number to 64 now. As far as I can tell the only "drawback"
>when increasing this number, is that more memory is needed. Any other
>disadvantages?

As long as you do have enough memory, it should be fine. Might be a good
idea to have spare connection capacity - so that if your JDBC clients are
maxed out, you can still connect and are not locked out.

Hope that helps,
Link.