Database names and pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-novice

We are planning to migrate from Oracle to PostGreSQL, and we would like to replicate our database maintenance procedures/scripts as closely as possible;
Our Oracle backup scripts extract the names of all active SIDs from the /etc/oratab file and perform a backup export for each SID;
Is there an equivalent file or utility that will provide the name of each database within a PostGreSQL cluster?
I know you can extract an entire cluster via pg_dumpall, but we would like to stick with the individual db backups--for file-size issues and restore efficiency.

--

David Rickard
Software Engineer

The GTS Companies:
GTS Publishing Services, GTS Graphics, GTS Innova:
Your Single-Source Solution!
Los Angeles CA  *  York, PA  *  Boston MA  *  New Delhi, India

David.Rickard@GTSCompanies.com
Visit us on the World Wide Web
http://www.gtscompanies.com
5650 Jillson St., Los Angeles, CA 90040