Re: Error message: Ralation X does not have - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Oksfeldt Jonasen
Subject Re: Error message: Ralation X does not have
Date
List pgsql-general
At 01:40 PM 8/6/2003, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>You need to double-quote the names or they will be converted to lower
>case.

Thank you both. The reason why the initial table creation have quoted
columns names is that it's generated by a program we use for schema
creation. I'm currently adding to it so it can support Postgres too and the
way columns are set up was more or less copied from the MS Sql implementation.

I'm really not used to databases being so case sensitive, neither Oracle or
MS Sql Server is that, but I'll keep this thing in mind moving along. Quite
impressed with the response time, or maybe it was just a too easy question :-)

Best regards

Jan Oksfeldt Jonasen
Northmann A/S
web: http://www.northmann.com