'query was cancelled' - depending on search pattern - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Bernd von den Brincken
Subject 'query was cancelled' - depending on search pattern
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello Bugs,
a query that uses pattern matching like this:
   SELECT .. WHERE  ( (content || authorname) ~* ( '.*gesellschaft.* |
.*wirtschaft.*' ) )

produces an error 'Query was cancelled' - sometimes, depending on the
search words.
Seems quite strange to me, I increased some postgresql.conf parameters,
without effect, and failed in finding anything on 'query was cancelled' in
the docs or in google.

Any hints are welcome (and an update to the docs about error messages would
make sense anyway).
// Bernd vdB