PGSQL Connection - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Vincenzo Angelone
Subject PGSQL Connection
Date
Re: PGSQL Connection  (Barry Lind <blind@xythos.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi,
I have this problem:
I'm developing an application with IBM Visual Age for Java 4.0 and I use PostgreSQL 7.2.3-5.73 on RedHat 7.3.
When I'm getting connection with the driver

Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
dbName = "jdbc:postgresql://mypgsqlhost/mypgsqldb";
con_pgsql = DriverManager.getConnection(dbName, "mypgsqluser", "mypgsqlpassword");

I don't have any exception if I specify a bad password!!!
Why?

Regards

Vincenzo Angelone
System Analyst
tel. 08623490207
fax.08623490240
e-mail: v.angelone@info92.it
This message and any attachments are intended only for the person or entity to which they are addressed and are strictly confidential.
Any use not in accord with its purpose, any dissemination or misuse, either whole or partial, is prohibited.
If you receive this mail in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computers.
INFO92 does not accept liability for corruption, interception or amendment, if any, or the consequences thereof.
http://www.info92.it