Re: Date type: DATE - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Frank Bax
Subject Re: Date type: DATE
Date
List pgsql-php
At 01:59 PM 1/22/03, Jesus Rios wrote:
>I've got a form where I ask for the date.I store the date in 3 variables: for
>the day i have $day (dd), for the month i have $month (mm)  and for the year
>$year (yyyy).
>At the same time i have a table which is as it follows:
>  Table "s_objetivos_caso"
>         Column      |  Type   | Modifiers
>        -----------------+---------+-----------
>  dni                    | integer | not null
>  fecha                | date    | not null
>  cod_s_objetivos | integer | not null
>
>How do i have to insert the column date?.
>
>   $date="$year-$month-$day";
>   insert into s_objetivos_caso values ($dni,$date,$cod_s_objetivos,$conn);
>
>Can anyboy help me for how a i  must format the date for introduce into the
>table???

Perhaps you could tell us what goes wrong with the above coding.
Others have mentioned issues with $date variable.
Does the code look "exactly" as above?
Surely you are coding the insert using pg functions?
pg_exec ($conn, "insert into s_objetivos_caso values
($dni,'$date',$cod_s_objetivos)";

Frank