Re: Inconsistent performance - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Joseph Bove
Subject Re: Inconsistent performance
Date
Re: Inconsistent performance  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com>)
List pgsql-performance
Stephan,

Actually, it's inconsistent with the exact same command. I've now
replicated the problem by doing the following command:

select count (*) from table;

The table in question has 88899 rows.

The response time is anywhere from 1 second to 12 seconds. Different
response times can occur in the same minute of testing!

Regards,

Joseph