Re: PostgreSQL in mission-critical system - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug Fields
Subject Re: PostgreSQL in mission-critical system
Date
List pgsql-general
>} Also - PostgreSQL on Debian/Woody is super-simple to use:
>}
>} $ apt-get install postgresql postgresql-dev postgresql-clients
>} postgresql-doc
>} $ createdb mytest
>} $ psql mytest
>
>I'd be careful about recommending this. Debian is notoriously behind in
>versions in their stable tree. (Hrm, actually, is Woody the unstable tree?

Woody is the current "testing" branch, and has been frozen since the
beginning of May pending final release. The only updates that have happened
have been security related, just as in the stable release.

It is running 7.2.1 in the Woody release. Frankly, I've been running the
"testing" distribution since September and it works great.

Cheers,

Doug