Re: "set nice" running a transaction in a lower - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug Fields
Subject Re: "set nice" running a transaction in a lower
Date
List pgsql-general
On a related topic:

Is it possible to run a background query (I use JDBC)?

For example, I would like to run a query which I know takes a long time to
process, without holding the connection open and/or synchronously waiting
for the query response.

This is related to the "import" because I typically do my import to a temp
table, then INSERT...SELECT into the real table which is very slow because
of all the indexes which have to be handled.

Thanks,

Doug