Re: PostgreSQL for Windows installation - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Marc Wilhelm Küster
Subject Re: PostgreSQL for Windows installation
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Hi!

>I've had mixed results doing the install-as-service approach so I usually
>just start the ipc-daemon manually via: $ ipc-daemon.exe &

This is the way I have tried also but get the following error message when
starting the ipc-daemon:

"Der Prozedureinsprungspunkt "_ctype_" wurde in der DLL "cygwin1.dll" nicht
gefunden"

Unfortunately, I don't have the English version of that error message, but
the gist is that the system complains about not being finding the given
function in the dll.

I get the same error message when trying to compile postgresql from the
sources.

Any ideas what may be going wrong? Has cygwin1.dll recently changes in
incompatible ways?

Thanks for hints!

Best regards,

Marc