Re: is there any backend (server) timeout - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug Fields
Subject Re: is there any backend (server) timeout
Date
List pgsql-general
>server closed the connection unexpectedly
>         This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>         before or while processing the request.
>The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Failed.
>You are currently not connected to a database.

I had this happen to me the other day, when my server booted with only 1GB
of RAM instead of the usual 2GB. PostgreSQL started thrashing something
fierce since I give it 1.4GB of shared memory, and not too long after that
I got that same message in a JDBC SQLException.

That doesn't really help, but...

Doug