Re: Problem in postgresql installation - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From P. Jourdan
Subject Re: Problem in postgresql installation
Date
List pgsql-novice
At 09:22 AM 4/9/2002 +0200, Pierre-Alexis wrote:
Someone wrote me :
1. Did you initialized your database with initdb ?
2. Have you started Postgres with postmaster -i   or pg_ctl start ?
3. Have you modified parameters in $PGDATA/postgresql.conf file ?
Follow your answers, you have solved your problem

1.When i type initdb it said me that it's not possible to create specific directories (pgsql and data)
2. How am I supposed to use the postmaster or pg_ctl ??
3. The installation is not complete so i haven't a postgresql.conf file ....

I have had such problems too, I suggest looking at the page: http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?installation.html
 and you should be able to find answers there, as I did.
Philip Jourdan