Re: Allowing usernames in pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lincoln Yeoh
Subject Re: Allowing usernames in pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At 10:03 AM 11-03-2002 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>Lincoln Yeoh wrote:
> > Is there a way to grant another user access (full/limited) to an entire
> > database?
> >
> > Right now pg_hba.conf controls connectivity to a database.
> >
> > However from the docs it seems that one has to do a grant for _every_
> > table.  if a new table is created the user can't access it. This can be
> > annoying in some situations.
>
>Table access and database access are different issues.  One is controled
>by pg_hba.conf and other by GRANT.  There is no mass-GRANT capability.

Actually I don't want a mass (table level?) grant. I'm looking for a way to
granting users access on a database level. I want a database level grant. I
don't need it, it's just a want :).

Because my assumption is if new tables (etc) are created after a manual
mass grant, the nonowner won't have access to them.

Am I trying to do things the wrong way tho?

Regards,
Link.