Re: embedding PostgreSQL in a Java application - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Tim Farrell
Subject Re: embedding PostgreSQL in a Java application
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
You can do this by using the pg_ctl shell script and calling it to start
the database early in your main method of your class. Then ( still in the
main method ) register a thread with the Java shutdown hook and call pg_ctl
to stop the database during the JVM shutdown. This way the database
is  brought down regardless of how the JVM exits.

Tim