Re: Problems invoking psql. Help please. - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michiel Lange
Subject Re: Problems invoking psql. Help please.
Date
List pgsql-sql
That is indeed true. Also I see you do everything as root, try creating a
new user especially for postgres databases. create a directory with root in
/usr/loca/pgsql/ named data, or any other directory that is in $PGDATA.
chown the directory to the postgres user, log in as the postgres user and
try to initdb, postmaster (-i!) and connect... I think the problem lies
here somewhere...

Michiel