Re: pg_dump and large files - is this a problem? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Philip Warner
Subject Re: pg_dump and large files - is this a problem?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At 09:36 PM 23/10/2002 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>We are going to need to either get fseeko workarounds for
>those, or disable those features in a meaningful way.

????? if we have not got a 64 bit seek function of any kind, then use a 32
bit seek - the features don't need to be disabled. AFAICT, this is a
non-issue: no 64 bit seek means no large files.

I'm not sure we should even worry about it, but if you are genuinely
concerned that we have no 64 bit seek call, but we do have files > 4GB,
then If you really want to disable seek, just modify the code that sets
'hasSeek' - don't screw around with every seek call. But only modify clear
it if the file is > 4GB.

Http://www.rhyme.com.au          |                /           \|                                 |    --________--
PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371   |/