Re: BIGINT datatype and Indexes Failure - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Denis Gasparin
Subject Re: BIGINT datatype and Indexes Failure
Date
List pgsql-general
I search in the archive and i have found that i have to specify the type of
the column at the end of the query... so the new query is :

explain select * from b where col1=123::int8;

In this way, the explain output is correct.
The e-mail i found in the archive says that the problem will be solved in
some future release....

At this point, is it safe to use BIGINT datatype and indexes on those fields?

Thank for your answers,

Regards,

Eng. Denis Gasparin: denis@edistar.com
Programmer & System Administrator - Edistar srl