Re: Can not pg_dumpall - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Somazx Interesting
Subject Re: Can not pg_dumpall
Date
Re: Can not pg_dumpall  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
At 02:18 PM 6/8/2001 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>Somazx Interesting <somazx@home.com> writes:
> > getTables(): SELECT (funcname) for trigger sa_eval_trigger_608 returned 0
> > tuples. Expected 1.
> > pg_dump failed on OnEd, exiting
>
>Kinda looks like you dropped some function that was still referenced by
>a trigger.  Better drop the trigger too.

Taking that to mean, "try deleting that orphaned trigger" - but since I
don't know which table that trigger was on - I did it by deleting it
through pg_trigger, I now get somewhat worse errors:

getTables(): relation 'lessontable_548_118': 8 Triggers were expected, but
got 7

All the tables that use triggers and functions are expendable as they were
only tests - so I tried deleting them and I can't and get another error:

PostgreSQL said: ERROR: RelationBuildTriggers: 1 record(s) not found for
rel lessontable_548_118
Your query:

I think I've made quite the mess of things :)

I only care about the data in a few tables, which if I could pg_dump I
would just rebuild the database from the sql files and import the little
data that's valuable - (all of which doesn't use triggers or functions) -
but I can't even dump the data from non trigger/function using tables. It
gives this error again:

getTables(): relation 'lessontable_548_118': 8 Triggers were expected, but
got 7.

Andy "knows just enough to be dangerous" Koch.