Re: Pgsql vs Interbase: Transaction benchmark - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Denis Gasparin
Subject Re: Pgsql vs Interbase: Transaction benchmark
Date
List pgsql-general
The table definition is:
CREATE TABLE ADDRESS (
         GROUPID INTEGER NOT NULL,
         ADDRESSID INTEGER NOT NULL,
         NAME VARCHAR(256) NOT NULL,
         SURNAME VARCHAR(256) NOT NULL,
         ADDRESS VARCHAR(256),
         PHONE VARCHAR(256),
         EMAIL VARCHAR(256),
         FAX VARCHAR(256),
         PRIMARY KEY(GROUPID,ADDRESSID)
);

The explain command gives me these results:
explain SELECT * FROM ADDRESS1 WHERE GROUPID = 5 AND ADDRESSID = 1000;
NOTICE:  QUERY PLAN:

Index Scan using address1_pkey on address1  (cost=0.00..2.02 rows=1 width=92)

(PS: There are 100 groups of 10000 recors each => 1.000.000 records)

Denis