debugging Pl/Tcl - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andy Koch
Subject debugging Pl/Tcl
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello again,

I seem to be forever debugging my Tcl functions in Postgresql. I get a lot
of this:

wrong # args: should be "string match ?-nocase? pattern string"

Tcl doesn't seem to like to specify WHERE the problem is and it's not
Postgres' fault - even the Tcl Wish interpreter leaves out this vital
information.

However - as I have a number of possible triggers and functions being
called on an update - is there a Postgresql command I can run after an
error to get specifics such as which trigger/function it was that failed.

Finally - I've asked this before - I've checked the "changes" list for
Postgres 7.1 because I'm wondering if maybe I can abandon Tcl for Perl -
but that would require that Postgres 7.1 supporting triggered pl/Perl
functions - and I see no mention of it in the "changes" for 7.1. Can it yet?

Can anyone explain to me why Postgres can't use triggers with Perl functions?

Andy.