Old Template0 is annoying me! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Javier Dussaillant
Subject Old Template0 is annoying me!
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

First, hello to everyone, I'm new to the list :)

Well, I have the following problem. When I upgraded to pgsql 7.1 (I can't
recall exactly what previous version I had), postgresql created a
Template1, in addition to the Template0 that already existed, and
everything is working fine, but the Template0 DB is making some problems.
I upgraded sometime ago so I don't remember exactly what I did. I think
that I dumped all my DBs, dropped them, upgraded, initdb an then I restored
them. But, I didn't consider what would happen to Template0, so it seems
that it stayed like an anachronic entity, a specter that bugs me but that I
cannot grab. When I use phpPgAdmin, it truncates the DB list at Template0
so I can't see the DB that would go after it. When I'm using Webmin's
PostgreSQL module, when I try to see the Granted Privileges this undead
Template0 starts consuming all of my machine's resources, sucking up it's
life energy :(

I tried to vacuum the God forsaken DB while chanting some mantras, hoping
that it may fix it. I tried to banish it casting a Drop spell on it but
didn't work either.

So, any ideas of how I may exorcise my poor little linux from this evil
Template0?

         Thanks,

P.D.: I was hearing Dead Can Dance while writing this mail so.... :)

                 Javier Dussaillant G.
                 ashkar@vrweb.cl
                 Departamento de Desarrollo VRWEB ltda.
                 http://www.vrweb.cl