Complex Query Help - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Brian C. Doyle
Subject Complex Query Help
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello all,

I have a table of work shifts.  It has             Table "teams" Attribute  |     Type      | Modifier
------------+---------------+---------- team_id    | varchar(50)   | team_name  | varchar(100)  | location   |
varchar(100) | department | varchar(100)  | shift      | varchar(100)  | start_time | numeric(30,6) | end_time   |
numeric(30,6)| mon        | boolean       | tue        | boolean       | wen        | boolean       | thu        |
boolean      | fri        | boolean       | sat        | boolean       | sun        | boolean       | start_day  |
char(3)      | end_day    | char(3)       |

What I need to be able to do is select team_name where team works between a
time span ie teams that work between 730 and 1600 how would I do this????
What type of field should i sue for start_time and end_time?