Re: max_expr_depth - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ryan Mahoney
Subject Re: max_expr_depth
Date
List pgsql-general
I don't know the cause, but if you only have to run this procedure once in
a while, you could select all the records that need to be updated, and use
a text editor to build a few thousand single update statement, then save
this file and echo it to the postgres backend through psql.

Good Luck!

-r

At 08:50 PM 6/18/01 -0400, Joseph Shraibman wrote:

>I recently tried to do a big update with postgres 7.1.2.  The update was
>something like
>UPDATE table SET status = 2 WHERE id IN (a few thousand entries)  AND
>status = 1;
>

>and I got:
>ERROR:  Expression too complex: nesting depth exceeds max_expr_depth =
>10000
>
>What exactly caused this and how do I work around it?
>

>--
>Joseph Shraibman
>jks@selectacast.net
>Increase signal to noise ratio.  http://www.targabot.com