Re: fastpath error? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Mount
Subject Re: fastpath error?
Date
List pgsql-general
At 07:56 28/03/01 -0500, chris markiewicz wrote:
>Hello.
>
>I am occasionally (seemingly randomly) seeing the following error when I try
>to load a large object.
>
>FastPath call returned ERROR:  lo_close: invalid large obj descriptor (0)

You must setAutoCommit(false) before using any large object.

Can someone give me some insight on this?  Can I call lo_close explicitly if
>i get this error?  Can I ignore it or will that leave me with open
>resources?

There are no open resources at the time of the error. Because lo's need to
be within a transaction when the transaction closes, so do the lo's.

Peter