Re: Calling Java from psql (was Re: requesting help) - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Peter Mount
Subject Re: Calling Java from psql (was Re: requesting help)
Date
List pgsql-sql
At 10:33 26/03/01 +0200, Mathijs Brands wrote:

>Has anybody ever tried calling Java code from a pgsql trigger written
>in C? Shouldn't this be possible using JNI?

This was discussed recently.

>I'm not exactly a Java expert myself, but this is the way PHP allows
>you to call Java code from your PHP scripts.

It may be something to look at when things quieten down a bit. I'm rushed
of my feet at the moment (busy at work, long hours etc) but once 7.1 is
finally out of the door, I may get the chance to start looking at JNI (& my
employers don't mind me spending some time working on postgres when I'm not
on other projects either which is nice ;-) )

PS: the JDBC list is the best place for java based emails - I rarely read
sql ;-)

Peter