Re: Performance monitor signal handler - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Swan
Subject Re: Performance monitor signal handler
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>On reciept of the info signal, the backends collaborate to piece
>together a status file.  The status file is given a temporay name.
>When complete the status file is rename(2)'d over a well known
>file.

Reporting to files, particularly well known ones, could lead to race
conditions.

All in all, I think your better off passing messages through pipes or a
similar communication method.

I really liked the idea of a "server" that could parse/analyze data from
multiple backends.

My 2/100 worth...