Re: JDBC build patches - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Peter Mount
Subject Re: JDBC build patches
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
At 23:42 09/03/01 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>These are the follow-up patches to Peter Mount's recent Java build
>improvements.
>
>* implement 'make uninstall' for the java directories

What's the difference between uninstall and clean?

>* pick up the version information from Makefile.global

Just need to add a could of -D parameters to the Makefile in the jdbc
directory.

ie:
         ant -Dmajor=8 -Dminor=2

that would set the version to be 8.2

>* honour the default port as specified to configure

Hmm, not a good idea. The driver should be as globally useable (part of
write once run anywhere), so this would be pretty disasterous.

So far our standard has been to use 5432 if no port is supplied.

>* allow building outside the source tree
>(This doesn't actually work, because Ant always puts the build dir
>relative to the source dir, but at least the whole thing will proceed
>smoothly when the rest of the tree builds this way.)

You can by passing the base dir in the ant command line using -D

ie:

ant -Ddest=/tmp/dest -Djars=/tmp/jars

would build unti /tmp/dest and put the jars under /tmp/jars

Peter