Re: Early WIP/PoC for inlining CTEs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Karlsson
Subject Re: Early WIP/PoC for inlining CTEs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/26/19 11:55 PM, Tom Lane wrote:> Hearing no immediate pushback on
that proposal, I went ahead and made
> a version of the patch that does it like that, as attached.  I also took
> a stab at documenting it fully.

Thanks! This version of the patch looks solid, including the
documentation. The only remaining question I see is the one Andrew
raised about if we should change the language to allow for future
versions of PostgreSQL to add costing for when the same CTE is
referenced multiple times.

Andreas