Re: [GENERAL] Schedule - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Schedule
Date
List pgsql-general
On 06/20/2017 05:35 AM, Steve Clark wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have customers whose equipment we monitor. Some of the customers don't run a 24/7 operation
> and turn their equipment off when the go home. We need to create a schedule for them of when we
> can ignore alerts from their equipment. We use postgresql in our monitoring environment to maintain
> alerts and equipment to be monitored. Each piece of equipment has a unique unit serial number so
> the schedule would be tied to this unit serial no.
>
> I would be very interested in what might be the best was to organize a scheduling table(s) in postgresql.

Some questions:

1) What happens if someone ignores the schedule and the alert is real?

2) What are the alerts and how many are there?

3) How is planned downtime during scheduled work times handled?

4) Do you want to organize by customers or equipment or both?

5) What is the equipment and do you or the customer provide it?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com