Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Joshua Tolley
Subject Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 06:04:16PM +0200, Hartmut Goebel wrote:
> If upgraded the rpm-packages from 8.3 to 8.4. Then postgres failed
> starting (something like "Database version mismatch"). So I downgraded
> to 8.3, pg_dump'ed there, upgraded and pg_restore'd.

pg_dump will complain if its version doesn't match the server version, but
that's neither a bug nor, in this case, a bad thing. You have pg_dump's -i
option which will squelch this message and allow pg_dump to continue.

--
Joshua Tolley / eggyknap
End Point Corporation