Re: problems with currval and rollback - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Assad Jarrahian
Subject Re: problems with currval and rollback
Date
List pgsql-general
I am not sure what do you mean (In terms of what more do you need).
For the java code:
The insert works. (cause i see it in the db).
the currval does not work anymore. (see error message below).
And for some reason, it still inserts into the db, regardless of the
rollback (and setAutocommit(false))

For the SQL code itself
[here is the query being performed]
INSERT INTO lm values (DEFAULT, DEFAULT, DEFAULT, 'jarraa', DEFAULT,
ROW(point(0,0),0), '', 'jarraa','jarraa', '', 'blah', DEFAULT);
SELECT currval('lm_id_seq');

I perform this back to back in the db, and the currval works fine.

What gives? It used to work in the java code, but now it doesn't!
Also, please comment on your thoughts about the rollback.
Much thanks for your help.

-assad