Re: identity columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: identity columns
Date
Re: identity columns  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/24/17 05:29, Vitaly Burovoy wrote:
> It would be great if "DROP IDENTITY IF EXISTS" is in the current patch
> since we don't have any disagreements about "DROP IDENTITY" behavior
> and easiness of implementation of "IF EXISTS" there.

Here is an updated patch that adds DROP IDENTITY IF EXISTS.

Unfortunately, implementing ADD IF NOT EXISTS is much harder, so I
haven't done that here.

Additionally, this patch fixes a few minor issues that you had pointed
out, and merges with the new expression evaluation system in the executor.

I have also CC'ed you on a separate patch to improve the behavior when
changing a sequence's data type.