Re: renumber table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Spadea
Subject Re: renumber table
Date
List pgsql-general
Steve,

I'd just like to add that I agree with Scott that this is asking for trouble if the field being renumbered is used as a foreign key somewhere. If you have no way of changing this logic, you should at least look into 'on delete cascade' and 'on update cascade' on your dependent tables. You can expect performance to suffer if the dependent tables are large, but at least you don't lose referential integrity.

Dave