Re: logical replication - negative bitmapset member not allowed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: logical replication - negative bitmapset member not allowed
Date
Re: logical replication - negative bitmapset member not allowed  (Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr@dalibo.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 2019-04-01 23:43, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Maybe the replica identity of a table got set to a unique index on oid?
> Or something else involving system columns?  (If replication is
> otherwise working, the I suppose there's a separate publication that's
> having the error; the first thing to isolate would be to see what tables
> are involved in that publication).

Looking through the code, the bms_add_member() call in
logicalrep_read_attrs() does not use the usual
FirstLowInvalidHeapAttributeNumber offset, so that seems like a possible
problem.

However, I can't quite reproduce this.  There are various other checks
that prevent this scenario, but it's plausible that with a bit of
whacking around you could hit this error message.