Re: protocol, md5 authentication - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Josh Close
Subject Re: protocol, md5 authentication
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
libpq implements it properly. I'd suggest looking at the client source.

Where would that be, in the postgres source? And what file? I'm really not too familiar with C.

Also, I *think* I have this working correctly in my PQueue module, so if you
don't mind a little Python:

  import md5
  pw = md5.new(self.password + self.keywords['user']).hexdigest()
  pw = 'md5' + md5.new (pw + authmsg.salt).hexdigest()

self.password is the password given by the user.
self.keywords['user'] is the user name.
authmsg.salt is the salt given by the server.

Yeah, I love Python. That is actually the way I'm sending it also. I'm connecting via .NET though. I'll have to double check some things.

-Josh