Re: New statistics for WAL buffer dirty writes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Euler Taveira
Subject Re: New statistics for WAL buffer dirty writes
Date
Re: New statistics for WAL buffer dirty writes
List pgsql-hackers
On 07-07-2012 09:00, Satoshi Nagayasu wrote:
> I've created new patch to get/reset statistics of WAL buffer
> writes (flushes) caused by WAL buffer full.

This new statistic doesn't solve your problem (tune wal_buffers). It doesn't
give you the wal_buffers value. It only says "hey, I needed more buffers so I
write those dirty ones". It doesn't say how many. I would like to have
something that says "hey, you have 1000 buffers available and  you are using
100 buffers (10%)". This new statistic is only useful for decreasing the
WALWriteLock contention.

--   Euler Taveira de Oliveira - Timbira       http://www.timbira.com.br/  PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento