Re: MemSQL the "world's fastest database"? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: MemSQL the "world's fastest database"?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 07/01/2012 01:00 AM, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> Considering I can build a pgsql 8.4 machine with 256G RAM and 64
> Opteron cores and a handful of SSDs or HW RAID that can do REAL 7k to
> 8k RW TPS right now for well under $10k, 20k TPS on an in memory
> database isn't all that impressive.

Again, their TPS numbers are useless without a contest of how big each
transaction is, and we don't know.  I can take MemSQL seriously when
there's a press release describing how to replicate their benchmark
independently.  Then it's useful to look at the absolute number.