connection pooling in web apps - Mailing list psycopg

From Ottavio Campana
Subject connection pooling in web apps
Date
Re: connection pooling in web apps
List psycopg
Hi,

I am developing some apps with pyramid and I am having performance
problems.

I really suspect that the issue is the fact that I am not using a
persistent connection to the database, thus for each query I have to
reconnect to the db.

In the paste, I used to develop on zope, which handled automatically the
connections to the db. Now I am using my custom methods on pyramid (not
sqlalchemy).

Do you have a link to some documentation, that explain how to use
connection pooling in wsgi apps? I was thinking about using pgpool-II
but this does not solve the problem that I reconnect every time to the db.

Thanks,

Ottavio

--
Non c'e' piu' forza nella normalita', c'e' solo monotonia.