How could we make it simple to access the log as a table? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject How could we make it simple to access the log as a table?
Date
Re: How could we make it simple to access the log as a table?
List pgsql-hackers
Hackers,

There's a lot of great information in the postgres logs.  While we
eventually want to get more sophisticated about providing users with
status and history information, for 9.3 it would be really nice to just
offer the current logs in system view format.

Certainly this can be done ad-hoc using CSV format and csv_fdw.
However, such setups are fragile due to log rotation and other issues.
It seems like we could come up with a better way.  Ideas?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.