Re: Which Java persistence library would you use with PostgreSQL? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bata Degen
Subject Re: Which Java persistence library would you use with PostgreSQL?
Date
List pgsql-general
To be more specific: When using Hibernate+Derby then in your
persistence.xml there's a line like this:

<property name="hibernate.connection.url"
value="jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/MySampleDb;create=true"/>

If you are using PostgreSQL the line would look like this:

<property name="hibernate.connection.url"
value="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/MySampleDb"/>

If you add ";create=true" just as in the example above, it breaks the
code and you get this as a result:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: database
"MySampleDb;create=true" does not exist
    at
org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.readStartupMessages(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:471)
    at
org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openConnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:112)
    at
org.postgresql.core.ConnectionFactory.openConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:66)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Connection.<init>(AbstractJdbc2Connection.java:125)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3Connection.<init>(AbstractJdbc3Connection.java:30)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc3g.AbstractJdbc3gConnection.<init>(AbstractJdbc3gConnection.java:22)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc4.AbstractJdbc4Connection.<init>(AbstractJdbc4Connection.java:32)
    at org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4Connection.<init>(Jdbc4Connection.java:24)
    at org.postgresql.Driver.makeConnection(Driver.java:393)
    at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:267)
[...]

Isn't this automatical table creation possible with PostgreSQL at all?
Thanks, again!
Bata